Although we try and remain positive there is a truly dark side of having a family face the struggle that Epilepsy presents:
In short this includes:
- Loosing your shit at the Tip when they close the section that you want to dump the crap filling your house!
- Couples counselling
- Sleepless nights – watching your son, hoping seizures don’t happen
- Seeing every hour of the night for whatever reason makes them scream
- Sleeping through and feeling guilty that we might have missed a seizure
- Avoiding playdates and certain locations for fear of germs = high temp = Nee nors and hospital admission and the vague look in the Drs face when they finally admit Reeds condition surpasses her knowledge
- Not able to work because there is no option for childcare as no setting will take a child with complex and unpredictable epilepsy
- Arguments over nothing
- Arguments over everything
- Crying yourself to sleep
- Militancy over sleep for fear of seizures
- Panic attacks/ Paranoia
- Feeling like you are being perceived as mental by both the medical profession and family members!
- Desperation and despair over mood swings caused by drugs, teething and inherited bad temper!
- Guilt over the impact of Reedys condition on Annabelle
humm i am sure there are more, but that will do for now.
Surgery T minus 6 days…. they are really going to remove some of Reeds brain!
Dont forget to check out just giving page if you fancy supporting the project we are hoping will help with Reedys rehab – http://www.justgiving.com/reedysclimb